Re-experience the tradition
La Timpa Special Edition for winter
A program designed for those who want to know and learn how to cook the dishes of the holidays as Christmas, St Joseph, St Lucy, the Sicilian street food, homemade pasta with legumes, sweets of tradition.
Food is culture and we’d like to tell the story of traditions through the dishes with La Timpa culinary style’s with local products, extra virgin olive oil, stone milled flours to transmit passion for food
The experience includes visit to the water mill, a welcome aperitif with the tasting of our bread with extra virgin olive oil, olives and dry tomatoes and a glass of wine. The ingredients used for dishes preparation or the individual proposal may be subject to small variations depending on the seasonality of the products and the creativity of the chef.
The program provides the possibility to choose two preparations, based on the cooking class chosen among bakery products or fresh pasta.
Traditional dessert will be prepared with the guests for both options.
- Focacce with seasonal vegetables: broccoli or spinach or potatoes and onions or “pastieri from Modica”; (to choose one type);
- “Sfoglio” with ricotta and sausage or “cuccidatu” or “cucca” (type of focaccia) with caciocavallo cheese and sausage (to choose one type)
Fresh pasta (to choose two types)
- Maccheroncini with pork sauce;
- “Lolli” with “macco” (cream) of fava bean;
- Busiate with Trapani pesto
- “Maltagliati alla carrettiera” or with legumes;
- Savoiardi (biscuits), Cassatine with ricotta, fried raviolo, cannoli, cuccia (sweet grain) and others traditional desserts.
- Preparation of the ingredients (depending on the Cooking class chosen);
- Visit to the water mill;
- Aperitif: tasting of bread from ancient grains of our production with evo, olives, dry tomatoes and a glass of wine;
- Lunch or dinner with the products prepared during cooking class;
- Wine: a bottle of Sicilian red or white wine;
- Time: 3 ½ hours
Our Cooking Classes
Cooking demo, a show cooking of traditional products and gourmet version prepared by our chef … Continue reading Cooking Demo
Always attentive to the freshness of products and the sustainability of agriculture, La Timpa Experience … Continue reading From garden to plate
The “Making Pizza” program by La Timpa Experience consists of preparing three different kinds of … Continue reading Making Pizza
The programme “Hands in dough” of La Timpa is the easy version of the complete … Continue reading “Hands in dough” (Getting your hands dirty!)