Re-experience the tradition
La Timpa Experience, a culinary journey to the discovery of Sicilian enogastronomic culture with our cooking class.
We organize, on request, four different cooking class programme, with the use of ancient grain flours produced by La Timpa Mill.
- Fresh pasta: you will learn how to make fresh pasta, regular like cavati and stuffed pasta, like ravioli and tortelli, enriched with local and seasonal products;
- Focaccia cooking class: you will prepare with us three different kind of “scacce”, typical of Ragusa province, campagnola with Ragusano PDO cheese and tomato sauce, scaccia with seasonal vegetables and tomasino, with ricotta cheese and sausage.
- Arancine: three different kind of arancine, one with saffron, produced by La Timpa, the other one Norma style, with eggplant and “cuturro” wheat breading and to be finish arancina gourmet;
- From garden to plate: a new activity aimed to the lovers of natural cuisine and organic products. The experience includes the selection and collecting of fresh vegetables and aromatic herbs, directly from our garden, close to the water mill. Fresh products will be transformed by your hands, in collaboration with our chef, in creative culinary preparations.
- Visit to the Water mill
- Preparation of the ingredients (depending on the Cooking class chosen)
- Aperitif: tasting of bruschette with evo and Sicilian aromas and two different kind of Sicilian cheeses fresh salad or seasonal vegetables;
- Dessert: traditional homemade dessert;
- Wine: a bottle of Sicilian red or white wine;
Time: 3 ½ hours
Other experiences for food lovers
Cooking Classes Re-experience the tradition La Timpa Special Edition for winter A program designed for … Continue reading La Timpa Special Edition for Winter