Tour of the mill and tasting
A fairy-tale journey in a Sicily lost in time
We will bring you in a one of a kind place, where time seems to have stopped, where the ancient mill still works, where you can hear the sound of the water falling down, where you can still find the ancient jobs and the craftsmanship and our Sicilian ancient grains.
We will tell you about the history of Sicily through work and cuisine, arts and traditions. You will taste the traditional “pane cunzato”, fresh vegetables, the capuliato and the biancomangiare. An experience that you will always remember.
- Tour and tasting lenght: 2 hours (20-30 minutes for the tour of the mill in English or Italian + tasting with beverage included)
- € 30 per person
- Minimum number: 3 people
Tasting at La Timpa Experience mill
The tasting menu includes (some products are available based on the season):
- Testing of seasoned bread
- Selection of typical cheeses from Ragusa
- Capuliato, selection of bruschette with seasonal vegetables (wild chards, tenerezze and borage)
- asparagus frittata skewers
- Water and a glass of Sicilian wine
- Dessert (shortbread biscuits, chocolate chips or homemade cake)
To prepare our products we use starter, slow leavening and our whole wheat ancient Sicilian grain flours. To season our dishes, we use products that come from local farms. We always prefer to use organic products when they are available. Before the tasting there is a 20-minute tour of the mill. The tour is available in three languages: Italian, English and French. The tour is included in the price.
Price: €30 per person